What Are Pimples?
Pimples, also known as “zits” or “spots”, are small skin lesions or inflammation. At the root of the hair are the sebaceous follicles, glands that secrete sebum to protect the skin from outside damage.
A strong increase in hormone production (often at puberty) causes the sebaceous glands to become hyperactive. Follicles become obstructed by sebum, dead cells and bacteria, causing pimples
The parts of the body most often affected are the face, back, chest, and shoulders. Acne is the term that describes recurring pimples. Acne affects about 85% of teenagers, regardless of ethnicity. Click here to read some of our clients’ testimonials about their acne outbreaks – and how Pure Hazelwood products helped them.
What Causes Pimples?
Pimples can have multiple causes. Here are a few of them :
- Hormonal upheaval: during puberty for teenagers, during menstruation or pregnancy for women, etc.
- Poor diet
Many pimple remedies are available. For more severe cases, medical consultation is imperative.
According to our clients’ testimonials, Pure Hazelwood products are the ideal solution to minimize pimple inflammation and to prevent outbreaks
Here are a few tips to prevent and minimize pimple outbreaks.
- Wash your face no more than twice a day using a soft soap that is fragrance-free and non-abrasive;
- Avoid scrubbing the skin or massaging it too roughly;
- Do not pierce or press on pimples;
- Choose products adapted to your skin type (combination, oily, dry, etc.), like Pure Hazelwood moisturizing lotion or zinc ointment;
- PPay attention to what causes your outbreaks (consuming certain foods, stress, using a new product…).
« JI am a cosmetology student. I bought Pure Hazelwood’s zinc ointment for my acne. (…) I used the ointment on my pimples every night. I use very good creams adapted to my skin, but the zinc ointment complements my products marvellously. I noticed a clear improvement: my pimples disappear faster and redness has faded. I have combination skin with an oily tendency, and the ointment has never left my skin oily or shiny. »
-Cynthia Landriault, Rouyn-Noranda